Necessary Softwares :
- Nokia Pc Suite ->Is a software package used to establish an interface between Nokia mobile devices and computers.
- Carbide C++ ->is a software development tool for C++ development on Symbian OS. It is used to develop phones that use the OS, as well as applications that run on those phones.
- Active Perl -> ActivePerl is the industry-standard Perl distribution, available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, etc..
- Java Runtime Environment(JRE)->Is a set of computer software programs and data structures that use a virtual machine model for the execution of other computer programs and scripts.
- S60 Sdk 3rd Edition Fp1 or higher->A software development kit (SDK or "devkit") is typically a set of development tools that allows a software engineer to create applications for a certain software framework, hardware platform, computer system, video game console, operating system, or similar platform.
(In this Post we Installed Sdk 3rd Edition and Sdk 5rd Edition)
- OpenC/C++ for S60 *3rd Edition Fp1-> is a development environment from Nokia for the S60 platform.
(Automatically included on SDK 3rd Edition Fp2 and higher)
- Qt for S60 "Garden"->Qt is a powerful C++ application development framework, which makes it easy for developers to create applications once and then deploy them on any of the Windows, Mac, Linux, Windows CE, Windows Mobile and embedded Linux platforms. With the inclusion of the S60 platform, developers have an additional 80 million* target devices that they can support with their Qt-based applications.
First Video :
- Download and Install Nokia Pc Suite at address: Nokia PC Suite.
- Before the download and installation of Carbide is necessary a free Registration on Forum Nokia webSite and after Download and Install Nokia Carbide at address: Carbide C++ .
- At the end of Carbide Installation was showed the link of ActivePerl download . You can use this or go to the address : Active Perl for download and install the carbide.
- In this step download and install Java Runtime Environment(JRE) on the addres : JRE .
- The address for the fifth step is SDK 3rd Edition Fp1 and you can download and install the SDK 3rd Edition FP1.
- The sixth step show you how to install the OpenC/C++ for S60 3rd Edition using the address OPENC/C++ SDK 3RD .
Step 7 :(Optional)
- The seventh step is Optional because the developer use the Sdk specified for the mobile phone edition . On ForumNokia WebSite is possible view the edition of each mobile Nokia Devices Specifications .For the download and installation of the SDK 5th Edition use SDK 5th Edition .
Second Video :
Step 8 :
Step 9 :
- The ninth step show a important point of qt installation . It's the fifth step of tutorial step by step above and show you how to extract Qt binaries of Qt Garden directories to SDK directories.
Third Video :
- This step show you how to adjust the patches of QT to SDK installation . This is on Qt Patches .
Fourth Video :
- The eleventh step show you all need configurations for the normal use of the Carbide C++.
Step 12 and Step 13:
- These steps show you finally how to Build a Example Project for S60 Mobile Phone since the 3rd Edition until 5th Edition devices.